Tuesday 3 February 2015

MY LOVE FOR FOOD

Hey guys,

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK....WHOOP!! WHOOP!! ANYONE MISS ME?!?!?

Happy New Month Everyone:):) This is the month of LOVE and what better way for me to spend this month than to show love to all my readers and my love for food:):)

The month of January was an awesome month because I used every possible opportunity I had to try something new and I cannot wait to share with you all my food experiences:):)

Today, I would want to share my African or maybe I should say Nigerian experience:) My friends and I went to a Nigerian restaurant the first weekend in January to celebrate the new year 2015. It was so much fun and the food was great. We went to a restaurant called 805 Restaurant at Old Kent Road, London. We were feeling like rich and happy students so we ordered starters and main course. Of course,we were too full to order desert though:(

The food was very nice with the right amount of spices:) The service was pretty slow but I guess the good food covered for that part. It was a wonderful experience although it was not as cheap as I thought it would be X_X

The four of us ordered meat mixed grill and goat meat pepper soup for starters. I personally felt the pepper soup was really hot ( I do not like pepper) but my friend was of the opinion that it was just water and meat with no pepper or taste LOL

For our main course, I ordered Jollof rice, plantain and assorted meat (different kinds of meat like beef, shaki, cow foot) while my friends ordered fried yam with peppered sauce and fried fish, white rice with efo riro (vegetable) and assorted meat.

It was very filling and definitely worth the money we paid. I even got extra to take away as the food was too much to finish in one seating. I would say my experience was a 8/10. It should have been a 10/10 if not for the long time it took for the food to come (I am not a patient person).



FRIED YAM, FRIED FISH AND VEGETABLES

GOAT MEAT PEPPER SOUP

MEAT MIXED GRILL


WHITE RICE AND EFO RIRO WITH ASSORTED MEAT

A SECTION OF THE WHOLE TABLE 

JOLLOF RICE AND PLANTAIN


                                                                                           WITH LOVE, YOUR FOOD-JUNKIE GIRL:)

No comments:

Post a Comment