Thursday 24 December 2015

Chinese in Benin City; Kung Fu, Kada Plaza

Hey guys,

Merry Christmas to you all:) I pray this season brings nothing but joy and happiness to you.

I traveled to Benin City for a couple of days to spend time with family.

Throughout my stay, I was craving Chinese food for some reason. I stumbled across a restaurant in a place called KADA PLAZA. I was pretty excited when I saw 'Kung Fu' with pictures of different Chinese meals in the plaza.

My friend and I went in to see what they had, it was very surprising for me as it was not the usual Chinese I was used to. Even the staff had different names for the meals they offered.

They had a buffet setting. How it works is, you select the meals you want then go to the cashier to tell her what you want. The cashier makes a bill for your meal, you pay then take the bill (or docket like they called it) to the server who then serves your meal for you. The process sounds long shey?!?! I thought so too.

They had meal options like shaki in sauce, beef in sauce, gizzard in sauce, turkey, coleslaw, chicken in sauce, chinese rice, vegetable rice etc. It was not a large variety of options though.

I think the concept was to mix Nigerian and Chinese delicacies to appeal to the customers but it was not really working for me. I mean if it is supposed to be a Chinese Restaurant then abeg please let it be fully Chinese meals na...sigh

Overall, it was not so bad...think I would give the restaurant a 5 out of a 10. The service was pretty slow and at times they ran out of food so you had to choose another option or combine two together (I had to do that when I was ordering take away)









I have made a to-go list for 2015...Places I need to go before the year ends..I pray I can go everywhere especially with this horrible Lagos Traffic

1. Hans and Rene
2. Mico's House of Chicken and Waffles
3. Piccolo Mondo Restaurant

                                  Have we all been able to achieve our goals for 2015??



4 comments:

  1. The menu does sound weird, but it looks like you had fun. Nice post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah..i think they were trying to go for a combination of both african and chinese that is why LOL

      Delete
  2. Looks good. I have been here once. Didn't even notice it was Chinese sef. The hunger was too real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahha..did you enjoy their food? what did you order when u went there?

      Delete