Tuesday 9 June 2015

GOKYUZU:The real Turkish Experience

Hey guys,

I am so excited about today's post because I have so much to tell you. Remember my previous post on my Turkish dinner and how I mentioned I was definitely going to another Turkish restaurant soon. Well, I finally went with my Turkish friends and I must say this was nothing compared to the last one. This dinner experience beats the previous one hands down.

So my friends and I went to a restaurant called 'GOKYUZU'. It is definitely a Turkish name but I have no idea what it means LOL We got in and my friends told me to leave everything to them and they would give me the full Turkish experience. I started with a large bowl of chicken soup with the flat bread. There was also a portion of yoghurt(which was totally different) but tasted really good with the bread and a portion of salad. The portion of the soup was shocking. It was so big and this chicken soup also had tiny bits of pasta(I think) in it. The bread was soft and sweet, I so loved it:)

CHICKEN SOUP AND FLAT BREAD

TURKISH YOGHURT WITH OLIVES


Next was the plate of the Turkish mezze platter. It was a combination of humus, vegetable, couscous, plain yoghurt and yoghurt with wheat.




By this time, I was already getting full from all the side orders we have had but there was still the main course to come. The main meal was a jumbo platter of all kinds of meat for us to share. There was chicken wings, lamb ribs, kebab, lamb shank, grilled chicken, white rice and another type of rice (I swear it tasted like Nigerian Jollof rice).



After filling ourselves up with food, it was tradition to have some Turkish tea. I think the presentation is so cool hehehe



The final meal for the day was the amazing famous Turkish dessert called 'KUNEFE'. It is a cheesy pastry with syrup, garnished with pistachio nuts and whipped cream. It was amazingly different and very sweet.




This was certainly an amazing experience. One I would surely never forget. It is also another option for all the meat lovers out there:):)

                                                               WITH LOVE, YOUR FOOD-JUNKIE GIRL:)





No comments:

Post a Comment