Tuesday 21 October 2014

BREAKFAST AT WAGAMAMA!!

Hello guys,

Is there anyone looking for a new restaurant to have breakfast??or anyone who gets hungry at Heathrow Terminal 5 while waiting to board the plane??? or anyone who wants to try something different and not expensive?? If you are one of those asking any of these questions then I definitely recommend you go try the breakfast menu at Wagamama.

I got to the airport earlier than I had planned and was so hungry. After checking in and passing through security, I decided to go in search of food. I walked round and all I saw were sandwiches and crisps which were not enticing to me. I came across Wagamama. Usually I order the firecracker or chicken curry but this time, it was just 10 am so I could only have breakfast. I decided to go in to see what they had to offer. At first, I was going to order the usual English breakfast of eggs, baked beans, bacon,sausages and toast but then a picture of an omelette on my table caught my attention.

The omelette was called 'Okonomiyaki'. Wagamama is a Japanese restaurant so I was not very surprised by the name. It was an omelette filled with bacon, chicken, prawns, mushrooms, red cabbage leek served with mayonnaise, springs onions and Okonomiyaki sauce. I checked Google, and in Japanese it means 'grilled as you like it'. I started to wander if my eggs were grilled and not fried.

As the Nigerian that I am, I felt it was just eggs so I would not be as filled as I wanted to be so I ordered sausages on the side. To my surprise, the omelette was really big (reminded me of pancakes from my old dutch) and filling even without eating the sausages. It tasted very nice and it had a lot of chicken and prawns in it. I really enjoyed it and I must say, it was definitely worth the money:)






TRY IT OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK:)


                                                                                      WITH LOVE, YOUR FOOD-JUNKIE GIRL:)

4 comments:

  1. Oh well, I'm in Nigeria but then I might google the recipe and try it. I blog at www.seyonhundeyin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwnnn....if you can whip up something like this b yourself, it would be great:):) and please share your experience xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ate this in T5 last week. Loved it. Got home, googled it. Can I get this in London anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for the late reply. I am glad you loved it:) There are many Wagamama restaurants in London; covent garden, victoria, earls court, leicester square. I am not sure if they offer this breakfast menu though. Just google it and you would be able to know:):)

      Delete