Saturday 27 September 2014

MY LOVE FOR POTATOES

Hey guys,

This week I have had food cravings for potatoes and I do not know why. I had baked potatoes for lunch on Sunday with tuna and sweet corn, fries at McDonald on Monday or Tuesday (I think) for lunch, sweet potatoes and peppered stew with chicken for dinner and on Friday for lunch I had sweet potatoe fries with chicken wings and vegetables(remember my Healthy Fridays).

Potatoes are very healthy and filling though I would agree I had too much of it this week:(
My meal on Friday was the best potatoe meal I have had in a while:)  I bought it from a pub at my university. It was my first time of having sweet potatoe fries and it was so good:) It had a very sweet taste to it and did not need ketchup or salt or anything added to it:) To be honest, sweet potatoes are healthier when boiled than fried but very sweet in both cases so which ever way it is prepared, it is really good:)

Potatoes can be eaten with anything; from chicken wings to vegetables to burgers to stew/sauce and more. It is a perfect match when combined with any other food:)

SWEET POTATOE FRIES AND WINGS

STRING BEANS, SWEET CORN, FRIES AND BROCCOLI

Another way to enjoy potatoes would be stir fried Irish potatoes. It is a delicacy my friend cooks for me once in a while. Basically, you fry peeled and chopped Irish potatoes(fries) , heat some oil on a fry pan then add sliced green peppers, onions and eggs into the pan and stir fry all the ingredients. 

You can also have fries and fish (classic British meal called fish and chips). You can find any fish and chips store around you area. It is definitely a good combination and fish is very healthy too:) It is good for the skin, eyes and hair (you can google to confirm my findings).

CLASSIC BRITISH MEAL:)

There are just so many ways you can enjoy potatoes and this just makes me love it more and more:)
Readers, please suggest more creative ways to eat potatoes, whether Irish or sweet potatoes.
  
                                                                                            WITH LOVE, YOUR FOOD JUNKIE:)


                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment