Friday 19 September 2014

HEALTHY FRIDAYS!!

Hey guys,

I am starting a healthy food challenge to help me increase my metabolism, keep fit and loose weight and I would love to share my healthy food routine experience with you. To ease me into it, I would have only healthy meals on Fridays for a start. Please feel free to join me and even post other healthy foods or tips that you know would help with my challenge:)

Before I continue, remember my last post were I told you guys about KFC becoming mobile and how I was going to try the KFC original pulled chicken. So, I tried it and I was disappointed :( The presentation was way below my expectation and it did not taste as great or yummy as I thought it would be. It was dry, the chicken was not as good and it looked very different from what I saw on TV. This is just my personal opinion so if you disagree, please let me know:)

This is how it looked when I bought it:
THE OUTSIDE
THE INSIDE
   









THE FAMOUS KFC ORIGINAL PULLED CHICKEN MEAL!!!!













Anyway, back to the main topic of today. With my new challenge comes the new name 'Healthy Fridays'!! All my healthy snacks and meals would be posted on the blog every Friday so you all can see what I am up to and give your opinions, ideas or criticisms. Today, I have had a Chinese chicken salad (unfortunately I cannot download a picture) and a home made healthy shake. I got the recipe of the healthy shake from a colleague at work who is a healthy guru. The shake is a mixture of spinach, bananas, nuts, apple, garlic, grapes, strawberries, tangerine and oranges. All these ingredients are put into a blender and blended into a shake form (forgot to take a picture of the post blended shake)
THE SHAKE INGREDIENTS

I recommend you try this but also with some form of exercise as well to get the required result:) All the ingredients in this shake have one health benefit or the other:) and it does taste good too:)


                                                                                   WITH LOVE, YOUR FOOD JUNKIE GIRL
     



2 comments:

  1. sorry about your KFC meal... I actually love their chicken tho... I'll love to start eating healthy when I'm kinda settled but right now junk food is all I got lol :)

    Good luck on ur challenge BTW
    ladywannabeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you:) i was really surprised and disappointed that it did not turn out right:(
    It is a really good habit to start u know but hard at first..i really hope u get into it soon:)

    thank you again xx

    ReplyDelete