Tuesday 30 September 2014

PAELLA DISH AT THE FARMERS MARKET

Hey guys,

I must say that I am really enjoying my food journey and very excited that I get to share my experiences with everyone:) I am  also excited about the increasing number of views daily and I find myself going out of my comfort zone to try different things. In the spirit of going out of my comfort zone, today I decided to go for seafood for lunch rather than the usual chicken or beef.

My friends and I had lunch at the Farmers market at my university. The farmers market sold all sorts of meals;vegetarian meals,soups,chicken burgers, chicken wraps,pork and all sorts of desserts. Before I continue,I just need to share with you how amazed I was to see a full pig displayed today at the market. I had never seen such before. I think they were selling pork wrap so whenever a customer came to the stall, a part of the flesh was cut off by a sharp and big knife. If I did not love meat, I probably would have turned vegetarian at that moment.

POOR PIG:(



Anyway, we walked around for a while and then came across a stall where they sold Seafood Paella and it looked really good. It was rice with mussels, oyster, shrimps, fish and other types of seafood. I added parsley to mine and also had the option to add lemon but I did not want to (so with your own meal you can). It was reasonably priced which was encouraging. It tasted really good, well spiced and very filling plus healthy too. I would recommend you try it if you ever come across a farmers market especially if you are a fish lover. Unfortunately, for those allergic to fish, please stay away from it (I know people who are).

If you do not want to buy it, you can make it at home yourself. Jamie Oliver has a recipe online on how to make the meal (you just need to Google 'Jamie Oliver Seafood Paella Recipe'. Please check it out:)












Different sides of the seafood paella:)









I hope you try it out (buy or cook) and share your thoughts:)
 
                                                                                                WITH LOVE, YOUR FOOD-JUNKIE:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment