Monday 9 March 2015

My strive to be healthy!!

Hey guys,

This past week I was on a healthy meal experiment. I found different ways to eat healthy and still enjoy my meals. To make sure I was eating right, I searched online for a list of high fibre foods and foods that I should avoid. I found out that foods I should focus on were vegetables, fruits(berries and oranges), salmon, seafood, oats, detox drinks and water while the ones I needed to avoid were chips, burgers, sodas, chocolates etc. I also started following a detox Instagram page that gave me ideas of different detox liquids and its usefulness.

 I made sure all my meals had one fibre content or the other, avoided the 'do-not' meals and drank detox water and drinks all week. My top main meals for the week were;


MEAL ONE ; Pasta and seafood(mussels, shrimps, scallops etc). I ordered this meal at a restaurant while at lunch with friends. It was very filling. Seafood is fish so it is a good source of vitamin A and D, for healthy skin, eyes and help the body absorb calcium






MEAL TWO; Home-made meal. Stir-fry indomie noodles with seafood, chilli and onions. Steamed vegetables by the side (broccoli, corn and string beans) and strawberries as dessert. Noodles for carbohydrate and vegetables for fibre. Strawberries also help reduce bloating.



MEAL THREE; meal from Itsu Restaurant. Japanese Sticky rice with cooked salmon and peas. Detox drink(apple, beetroot and ginger) by the side.






MEAL FOUR; Salmon salad (baked salmon with leafy vegetables, pesto pasta, coleslaw, pepper, croutons)


DETOX WATER; ORANGES AND STRAWBERRIES WHICH HELPS PROMOTE CLEAR SKIN 







MY DESSERT WITH EVERY MEAL. TO REDUCE BLOATING, ENCOURAGE YOU TO ADD LOW-FAT YOGHURT TO IT




Best way to eat healthy is to have different high fibre meals daily so you do not get bored eating the same thing. Do not forget to stay away from junk and high sugar content foods:):)

                                                                                        WITH LOVE, YOUR FOOD-JUNKIE GIRL

1 comment: