Saturday 23 August 2014

Looking for a Classy Dinner?? A la carte is the answer

Hey guys,

Today I decided to go International and classy, Yippee :):) My family and I travelled to Dubai this summer, during our trip we decided to go for a boat cruise dinner called Bateaux Dubai.I do not remember the name of the boat X_X but I do remember that our chef for the night was French. I do not know if it a common thing but with every French chef, you expect to have an A la carte menu. As we arrived on the boat, we were given our menu and it had so many French names which I cannot even spell. Our dinner was a three course meal; the starter which was cold, the main course and the dessert; which honestly was the best course of the night.

My little brother who is used to eating only junk food and jollof rice did not like the menu and ended up having fries, bread and a glass of coke but my parents seemed to enjoy the meal. In my opinion, the presentation was exquisite and they get an A for that. The food itself was not too bad. I liked the well done steak and potatoes which was my main course and the dessert was to die for:) The starter was not really my kind of food.

Overall, the experience was not bad at all. This three course dinner is really filling and goes well with a bottle of red wine. As we all know beef and red wine are a good combo:) This is definitely a dinner meal for people who want to have that classy dinner experience.


Main course; Potatoes, well done steak...

The Dessert; Chocolate cake, baileys cream and ice cream

Main course; beef, vegetables

The Starter
My main course; 10 for presentation, 6 for taste:)










The dessert gets a 10 for presentation and a 10 for taste:)

I just noticed the smiley face on the plate.Do you see it too??










My brother's main course; he was not really impressed by the look or the taste :(













The Famous starter which I thought would be some hot chicken LOL!









I would like to hear some of your own classy dinner experiences:)

                                                                                                                 With Love, Your Food Junkie

                                                                               

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely and well informative insight on this food

    ReplyDelete