Tuesday 28 July 2015

Sunday lunch with family and friends

Hello everyone,

How did we all spend our weekend? I hope we are all having a great and stress free week.

On Sunday, I had the most amazing time with my family and friends. After church, we had lunch at Frankie and Bennys. It was my first time there and I actually enjoyed it. The atmosphere was great, customer service was good and the food was okay.  To be honest, my own meal was amazing:)

We started with the sharer starter platter. It had garlic bread, chicken wings, celery, side sauces, onion rings, bread sticks, potatoe skins and chicken tenders. It was a serving enough for the 7 of us. We all enjoyed the platter and were looking forward to the main course.

However, when the main course came, my mum, aunt and brother were not very pleased. They ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. We were all surprised that it looked so different from what was on the menu. It was not spicy and you know how Africans love their spicy food LOL. They also complained the serving was not filling and they were still hungry afterwards.

The rest of us ordered the chicago grinder calzone. A calzone is like a pizza folded in half. This was my first but it was really good. It had meatballs, pepperoni, chicken, salsa and jalapenos. It was a bit on the spicy side but that only helped to enhance the flavour. It was really filling as well because I was so stuffed that I couldn't even order dessert.

My lunch was definitely one of my highlights on Sunday:):) I love my food, no one judge me hehehehe

As usual, I got pictures:)

STARTER PLATTER 

CHICAGO GRINDER CALZONE

SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS WITH CHEESE ON THE TOP

No comments:

Post a Comment