Wednesday 9 September 2015

Birthday Celebrations at Jevinik Restaurant, Ikeja Lagos

Hello everyone,

My birthday was yesterday YAAAAAAAY....Happy Birthday To Me again hehehehe
I had a great day filled with so much love and care from everyone. Thank you again to everyone for the birthday wishes:):)

This year, I celebrated my birthday in a very different way and it turned out great.  To celebrate birthdays in my house,we usually go to a chinese restaurant or order food at home or just cook but this time we went to a full nigerian restaurant.  The restaurant is JEVINIK (obvious from the title eyy)

Jevinik Restaurant is a classy restaurant with a chilled vibe to it. It had this owambe bar look to it which I thought was pretty cool. Though I personally thought having a live band or african music in the background rather than any music would have made it much better and interesting for me:) The waiters are so effective and very respectful too:)

Anyway, the main 'koko' (meaning point) is the food so am going into full details now. Some of us wanted something different so I ordered coconut rice and asun meat with moi moi on the side. My mum ordered wheat with afang soup and assorted meat. My brother ordered jollof rice and chicken (he went for the usual LOL). The food was really good and so filling. As in, the portions were big though. I never h'experred it ooo LOL

The coconut rice was tasty and it had ripe boiled plantain inside it. The asun meat was very chilly (SPICY..PEPPERY..HOT..or any other word for chilly that you can think of lol) but had this suya taste to it which was different from other 'asun' I have tried before. My brother kept going on and on about how delicious the jollof rice was.

If you have not been there, you should definitely go there oooo. We went to the one in Ikeja but there are other restaurants around Lagos too. Surely, there would be one in Lekki:)

For dessert, we went to the famous COLD STONE (no comments about this place yet. It deserves a full post on its own because their ice-cream is on another amazing level mehn)



COCONUT RICE AND ASUN MEAT

WHEAT AND AFANG SOUP....JUST LOOK AT HOW LARGE THE PORTION IS!!!







OH YEAH, ON A SIDE NOTE....HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS CRACKER BISCUIT AROUND????
It is called Nutribix. I personally do not like it because it doesn't taste like wheat crackers to me oooooo

If anyone has tried it, let us know what you think about it:)





No comments:

Post a Comment