Tuesday 21 October 2014

MY LAGOS ADVENTURES

Hello everyone,

It has been a long while since I posted anything. I was away in Lagos for a family engagement and during my stay I had the chance to explore various home cooked meals, snacks and traditional dishes. A few of them were; chicken stew, fried rice, jollof rice, plantain and owo soup and chicken and beef sharwarma. Rice is my favourite food so I ended up eating rice almost everyday during my stay in Lagos (its bad I know).

Since I was back home, my mum made me eat all the food I would normally not eat if I was in school. It was her own special way of welcoming me back home and I was so excited. I am sure most of you are wandering what plantain and owo soup is. It is a traditional dish from the Delta region in Nigeria. I come from Edo state which is not in the Delta region but my Edo people seem to really like it so my mum cooks it a lot. It is a really good dish and very easy to make too. It goes best with fish or snail:).

The beef and chicken sharwarma is a common snack all over Lagos. It is just like a chicken or beef wrap with vegetables, cream and any other thing you want to add to it. It is really good too and one of the best snacks in Lagos, after beef suya that is:)


RIPE PLANTAIN AND OWO SOUP WITH FISH

TASTEE FRIED CHICKEN:)
SHAWARMA ALL WRAPPED UP 
                                                           

INSIDE THE WRAPPER


FRIED  RICE AND CHICKEN STEW

                                                                                   WITH LOVE, YOUR FOOD-JUNKIE GIRL

2 comments:

  1. I can't eat shawama and I think it's it has to do with the fact that I hate cream dressings.
    I tried owo soup when I visited Abraka last year and I enjoyed it.
    I bet you enjoyed your stay in Lagos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh noo:(:( but i think you could make your own shawarma without the cream dressings:):)

    Owo soup is really tasty:):) glad u enjoyed it

    I totally enjoyed my stay, was amazing xx

    Thank you for your comment x

    ReplyDelete