Friday 22 August 2014

The British way

Hello everyone,

Today I thought I should share with you a cheap and easy way to have a full British dinner. My friend made the food actually but I can share the recipe with you. We were both broke and did not want to spend money on take-out so my friend suggested we cooked a home meal. We bought potatoes, vegetables, mustard sauce, double cream milk, cider and steak at Sainsbury's store which all cost less than 10 pounds. I know right, just 10 pounds but luckily the steak was on offer; 2 packs for 4 pounds or so:)

The procedure;

1.Boil the potatoes in boiling water till soft (can add salt to water if you want but not necessary)
2.Put the vegetables in a colander and place in a boiling pot of water and cover to steam (vegetables are healthier when you steam them)
3.Pour a little oil in a heated fry pan, place your steak in the fry pan but make sure the oil is not to hot so the steak can cook rather than burn. Keep checking the steak from time to time depending on how well done you want it. Turn it over when the bottom side is cooked.
4. While the steak is cooking, pour your mustard sauce into a heated fry pan, add your cider and double cream milk and keep stirring till fully mixed together.
5. Check your steak and if done, remove from fry pan.

Serve hot and enjoy:)
I really enjoyed the dinner with a glass or orange juice:) Trust me, it was a well balanced diet meal and you definitely should try it.

If anyone has any famous British meals or recipes, please share:)

THE END PRODUCT:):)

3 comments:

  1. :):) I hope you try it some day. If you do, please share your experience:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, made this today for dinner and all I can say is wow #foodjunkie #perfection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. I am glad you made it and you liked it:)

    Encourage your friends to read, comment and share and also try the recipe too xx

    ReplyDelete