Monday 10 November 2014

Burgers and Lobsters; overhyped or underrated?

Hello everyone,

Before yesterday, I had always seen pictures and reviews of the famous 'Burgers and Lobsters' restaurant; the food, price and personal experience. It always got me so gassed and excited and I could not wait to go there. I finally got the chance to have dinner at this famous restaurant yesterday courtesy of my friend who celebrated her birthday there.

We went to the one located in Soho, London. I do not know if it is the same in their other restaurants but this one had a very nice decor. There was a long queue outside of people waiting to get in. I was a bit put off by the lobster in the water tank beside me especially because I was going to eat a lobster :(. My friend rubbed it in all night about how I had eaten the cousin to the poor animal tied up in the water tank :(

The service was splendid and the waiter was so nice and funny:) The drinks menu had a lot to choose from which was very good. I had an 'afbab' cocktail (I think that is what it is called lol) which was recommended by the waiter. It was definitely a good choice and was a splendid combination with my food. At this time, I was still very excited about being there and all the hype was definitely worth it.

After a while, the waiter came to ask what we wanted to eat, I was confused because we had not been given a food menu yet. To my surprise, he said the only food options were; grilled or steamed lobster meal, a burger meal or a lobster roll meal. I could not believe it! In my head, all I could think of was 'Is that all to the famous Burgers and Lobsters?!?!?. I was a bit discouraged but I guess I should have expected it, I mean it should have been obvious from their name LOL. The food portion was good and filled me up though some people felt like the lobster could have had a bit more flesh. I liked the idea of using a 'beep' so you do not get your outfit stained. The lobster was alright but the lemon and garlic sauce made it taste so much better:)

Overall, the food was okay but I think I expected more after all the hype people had given it before then and how hard it usually is to get a seat in the restaurant except you make a reservation. The price was not so bad but if you do not plan to spend more than 10-15 pounds on dinner then you definitely do not want to go there. Drinks were free so yaay but I think that was because my friend paid for our drinks (I am not sure).

In my opinion, Burgers and Lobsters is a good restaurant but it is definitely overrated X_X. It is also definitely not an ideal place for a first date with all the hand involvement in trying to crack the shell LOL

Some pictures from the dinner(sorry they are not so clear:( )
FAB COCKTAIL:)

FAMOUS GRILLED LOBSTER MENU





                                                                                    WITH LOVE, YOUR FOOD-JUNKIE GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment